Check Out My Stash For Sale/Trade!

Monday, August 25, 2008

I Hate Mondays.....

Mondays are a horribly carpy way to spent 1/7th of your week. Today was no exception. With all the damp weather down here (Tropical Storm Fay moving up from Florida), I have been aching all over and then developed one of those dull headaches that are invincible against anything but a Darvocet (which I can't take because I'll fall asleep). I did not want to work today ~ thankfully there was not much work today to do and I was finished by 7 p.m.

Got to spend a little time stitching one of my WIPs, Gentle Words/Peaceful Ways (La-D-Da). Almost finished! I coffee-dyed/distressed my linen and it looks so old and brown!


I am hoping to participate in an ornament exchange in a new group I've joined (ILCS) ~ so I've been flipping through some ornament patterns to see if any catch my fancy and are fairly uncomplicated so I have a chance to get it finished and submitted in time. There were a few I saw that I just love.....

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. My blog is real simple too and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Love your project and the fabric fits it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress on your stitching. Your blog looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on this, well done, i always think the simpler layouts are the most effective. looks great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching and you did a great job with dying the linen. And your blog looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blog. I hope you are feeling better. I understand about the headaches that just won't quit!
    Heidi-ILCS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore your blog Lauralee, we've many of the same tastes, I too long for those rainy stitchin days. Your handwork is beautiful, love your coffee-dyed linen.

    Sweet Stitchin...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting ~ Your comments are LOVE!!