Check Out My Stash For Sale/Trade!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

New Finishes!

It has been a productive weekend for me ~ two new finishes!!

The first one is a floss tag I put together ~ the design is from Plum Pudding Needle Arts (I think it was a freebie ~ not sure). I found the backing fabric at JoAnn's ~ love the sunflowers! I'm listing this on Etsy today.

































Next is my first ever strawberry pincushion! The pattern is by Nicoletta Farrauto. Since this is my prototype, I think I'll keep it. I will probably make some changes in its construction, mainly the leaves. We'll see.
















Here's a question for you:  As I'm browsing on eBay or etsy, I sometimes see items listed like this: 

pRiM StiTcheD HaNgInG CuPbOaRd SaMpLeR 1843

Why?  What is the purpose of the random capital and small letters?  Just very very curious!

4 comments:

  1. Your pincushion is darling! I love the design, and the floss tag it perfect too! Great job of finishing both.
    Have no idea about the spellings on listed items. I would love to know the answer though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both your finishes!!! The strawberry is so cute :-).

    Not sure on the letters, just to have something that looks a bit wonky maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do beautiful work! I don't think I have the patience to develop a talent like that!

    I think the letters are supposed to look "cutesy"? Kinda like staggered writing if you were doing it by hand?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting ~ Your comments are LOVE!!